Smart Film For Modern Home Offices
Smart film and glass are the perfect solution for home offices in open floor plans. Read this post to discover the advantages of using switchable glass walls to create dynamic workspaces.
Smart glass goes from clear to frosted with the flick of a switch, providing instant privacy. This has made it a growing trend for home offices where it significantly improves home office design by complementing open concept floor plans. Privacy may be desired during working hours, though the rest of the time the office can be visually connected to the living space with the glass switched to clear.
Today’s homes have fewer walls and larger, multi-functional rooms. This is partly due to the rising cost per square foot of living space. Nowadays, the kitchen, dining and living rooms are typically all part of the same central space. At the same time, more and more people are working from home and most people don’t have a spare bedroom to create a dedicated workspace.
Smart glass and film help homeowners, architects and designers create private spaces within common areas without sacrificing views, space, natural light or privacy. One of the most common ways to accomplish this is through the use of switchable glass walls or room dividers. This keeps central spaces feeling spacious while allowing for privacy and minimizing noise. This option is particularly popular for smaller condos and houses.
There are two ways to get smart glass. The first being to order smart glass with built in privacy. Our smart glass contains the switchable PDLC film layer sandwiched between two pieces of glass and is installed just like regular glass by your local glazier. The other option is to transform your existing glass into smart glass by applying our smart film product. This is the perfect retrofit option and is also more economical for smaller projects, so many homeowners source the glass locally and then apply smart film.
Advantages of Switchable Glass Walls vs. Ordinary Walls
- Instant Privacy: Smart glass becomes frosted in a fraction of a second with the flick of a switch, push of a button, smartphone or even voice command. This makes it easier to adapt your home office to your changing needs throughout the day without having to manually adjust curtains and blinds.
- Natural Light: Home offices that are located in an interior space may not have windows if they were to be cut off from the central space by regular walls. Glass walls allow natural light to filter through, creating a brighter, more positive and more productive work environment.
- Open Views: Switchable film and glass allow people to enjoy views of the outdoors and interior living space with fewer distractions.
- Noise Reduction: Glass reduces noise. Smart glass has enhanced noise reduction properties due to the composition of the glass.
- Clean Look: Smart glass has a distinctive minimalist design.
- Switchable Glass Doors: Both smart film and smart glass can be installed on operable glass windows, walls and doors.
Interested in incorporating smart glass into your home office? Contact us and share your project details and one of our product advisors will help you find the perfect solution for your home workspace.
Send a Message
Ask about out products, pricing, implementation, or any thing else. Our advisors are here to help you chart a course to success.